Friday, September 23, 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

As this photo shows, even as a 3- or 4-year-old, I was carefully scanning the skies for all-things weird and wonderful.

Was it, therefore, destiny or fate that led me to become a seeker of saucers years later? Or just random chance? Who knows? Who cares? Nice head of hair though!

Yep, I really did have hair! In fact, I still do! Granted, it's not as thick as it was when I was in my teens and twenties.

But, it still amuses me when - if I'm on the road for a week or so, and there's nowhere to partake in my daily head-shaving ritual - people express shock that after one day I have stubble, then on day two there's more, and on the third day, the hair starts to come back in noticeable fashion LOL.

Some ufological dunderhead once had the nerve to say words to the effect of: "I thought you had some weird disease that made it all fall out!"

Er...no, actually. My appearance comes from shaving my scalp every morning, and when I'm going out at night it gets a second shot of the razor.

And why am I mentioning all this? Dunno, beats me! The answer to that question - just like my hair - is lost on me!

2 comments:

  1. And all the time I just thought you wanted to look cool...like the gunfighter in Westworld :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... your past infantile alter ego seems to be handling the binoculars very parallel to the ground. Methinks that you were on the lookout for 'orbs' rather than saucers :P

    ReplyDelete