Monday, December 12, 2011

Stonehenge, UFOs, and the Supernatural

I'm kind of on an "ancient sites" kick right now. So, after the last post on Silbury Hill, I figured why not one on Stonehenge (which, like Silbury Hill, is also located in the English county of Wiltshire)?

And just like Silbury Hill, Stonehenge has attracted a wealth of weird phenomena. Back in 1998, a British UFO researcher named Tony Spurrier invited me to give a coach-based tour around some of Wiltshire's enigmatic and paranormal hot spots, which proved to be very successful, and which took in trips to Stonehenge, Avebury, and various other locations in the ancient county of Wiltshire.

While at Stonehenge, one of the attendees on the tour - a former soldier with the British Army - told us of his late-night encounter at Stonehenge with a huge, black, "Flying Triangle"-style UFO that was hovering at a low-level over the old stones back in the early 90s.


Another told of seeing a very tall, black-cloaked figure moving amid the stones in the early 1980s who vanished before her eyes - and I do mean vanished...literally!

And, next year, in my June 2012 book, The Pyramids and the Pentagon, I'll be divulging what officialdom has learned about Fortean phenomena at Stonehenge...

2 comments:

  1. The few times I've been there, Nick, I definitely got a sense that there is an underlying energy or presence in these locations. Or maybe not so much a presence than say that what presence is there just like everywhere is being amplified or magnified somehow. Like Shasta, California, Sedona, Arizona, Hudson River Valley, New York, etc.. Something, that once I am able would love to do an extensive field study of.

    ReplyDelete