Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gunning For Trouble

In my previous post - The Werewolf of Stone - I made mention of the fact that back in the summer of 2003 I had found a rusted old pistol on a stretch of Texas beach.

"Can we see it?" asked one emailer. Yes, you can, and here it is!

Me and Dana had gone on holiday for a week - to a place called Crystal Beach - and one morning, after a particularly bad storm the night before, I was walking our Shar-pei dog, Charity, along the beach, stepping over all sorts of rubbish that had washed up on the beach as a result of the storm.

Imagine my surprise when I found the aforementioned rusty shooter! So, I picked it up, and brought it home. It now sits on one of my book-shelves.

I showed it to a friend in the military, who thought it was pretty old.

But, whatever type of pistol it is, and from whatever era it dates, it's still pretty cool to find something like this!

Who knows: maybe it played a significant role in some old, unsolved crime, and was dumped at sea to prevent the truth from ever surfacing?

Maybe, it was the second gun in the JFK assassination. Nah, that would just be too good to be true. Wouldn't it......?

No comments:

Post a Comment