Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Storing The Roswell Debris

Why, you may ask, have I included in this post interior and exterior shots of an old building, in some desolate desert locale?

Well, I'll tell you why!

This is the very building into which none other than rancher Mac Brazel hauled - for safe-keeping - a bunch of anomalous debris found on the Foster Ranch, New Mexico in the summer of 1947.

Yep, that's right: Roswell.

I had the opportunity to spend some time at the crash-site itself in January of this year (nope, I didn't find anything weird unfortunately!), and was very pleased when I was invited to check-out this seldom-seen construction that played such an integral role in Roswell - regardless of what did or did not happen on that fateful day.

And,correct me if you think I'm wrong, but if aliens really did crash on the Foster Ranch, isn't it maybe time for permission to be sought to tear down the building and do a full search of its foundations and immediate surroundings?

You know: just in case...

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I think it should be given the status of a "Historical Monument" and framed paintings of Mac Brasel, and Major Jesse Marcel, and Stanton T. Friedman and the other notworthies who were either involved back when the "crash" did or didn't happen and those (like Stan) who helped bring the story before the public should be hung about the walls and there should be "recreations" of the "I-Beams" with heiroglyphics displayed and an animatronic "Grey" standing there saying "Turn around, bend over, and spread your cheeks, please."

    That's what I think.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "notworthy" S.T. Friedman. Sounds about right. (I've been reading SF's *ahem* analysis of the Hill case.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I've seen pictures of this. Thanks Nick. Are we certain this is the same building, at the same location, as from 1947, Nick?
    (I'm still wondering why no one ever tried to find Betty Hill's car, yet the dress was retained -- unworn -- for decades.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry:
    Yeah, it's definitely the original building, and I got to chat with the people who work there now for quite a while, and got all the history on it. The roof is new, and the plasterwork outside is obviously all new and renovated. But the floor, building itself, foundations etc, are all the originals.

    ReplyDelete